Right now I’m listening to recorded webinar giving tips on how to grow a successful business online. One of my takeaways is this: it is time to stop dreaming about your passion and just do it. On the other hand, sometimes we can’t see the end because we are drowning ourselves with trying to do it all.
Well that’s quite interesting considering my blog is all about the faith journey. 🧐
As I ponder on how I want to move forward with this part of my journey, I’ve come to a place where I just had to stop reading all these tips and tricks to be the best and get rich fast. First and foremost, for me, blogging is not about “get rich quick.” Second, there is another part of this journey that is more than blogging. As I stated, I had to get to a place where I stopped reading, subscribing and researching the best route. Researching and reading how-to’s can be information overload if you’re not careful. (There are a lot of excellent sites and helpful resources BUT as it is with anything, find one thing and stick with it.) Y’all I’ve been drowning in website after article after post. Am I dreaming or is this just too much to swallow? Keep reading 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
A part of me waking up was me coming to some realizations:
- I have a voice that may not always fit into one category. (Thanks Ruth for confirming this).
- There is not one right way to do this.
- Consistency is your friend.
- You will find your purpose along the way.
Whatever you’re going to do- start a business, blog, write a book, lead a bible study-I want to encourage you to wake up and start doing it now! But I don’t want you to get caught up in thinking that it has to be perfect. I don’t want you to get bogged down in task after after task. Find a starting point and get started. Here are three things I want you to take away from this post:
- There is no ONE way to begin. While there are many people professing to have the BEST way, you have to find what works for you.
- Pick ONE or TWO things you want to work on and stick with it. When you try to tackle EVERYTHING, you become overwhelmed and NOTHING gets accomplished.
- Pray for your passion and seek God for your purpose. When you are passionate about something, God will provide you with the tools and resources. #godsplan
I’m working with a friend right now, giving some guidance on what has worked for me on this journey. There have been some highs and lows, but through it all, I have learned some much needed lessons and met some great folks along the way. I would love to keep passing on some advice to my bff. Got any ideas you want to share? What has been working for you on your journey? Have you had any “wake up” moments?
Please share, like & comment. I’d love to hear from you.
Remember, it’s a faith journey y’all! 😉
PS…. Ruth In Revolt is one of my fav blogs and a recent post of hers inspired me..Check her out here——>>> Hey Ruth! 👋🏽